Express provides you with a speedy way to view the enforcement activities of the federal government. Express lets you quickly produce data tables, maps, and graphs from the TRACFed data warehouse.
Each of the six major content areas focuses on a particular topic.
- Criminal focuses on criminal cases as referred by any of the federal enforcement agencies, such as the Department of Homeland Security, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Drug Enforcement Administration, and Alcohol Tobacco Firearms and Explosives (see criminal help).
- Civil focuses on civil cases where the U.S. Government is involved in some way (see civil help).
- Admin focuses on the IRS as it enforces tax laws for individuals and corporations (see administrative help). TRAC is actively persuing data related to several other areas of administrative enforcement. As our litigation is successful, new administrative enforcement data will be added in the future.
- Money and Context provides information about federal funds flowing into about a county, state, or federal judicial district (see federal funds help) or demographics of the community (see community context help).
- People and Staffing actually breaks out into four separate sub-layers - Judges, Prosecutors, Administrators, and Federal Staffing. Each of these sub-layers provides information pertaining to the caseload and court cases of judges and prosecutors and the salaries and employment information regarding various federal employees (see judges, prosecutors, administrators, or staffing help).